I’m still a programmer at my office and since there is new regulation about software license. Now i choose to use another programming language.
From website to website, blog to blog until i found this usefull free software, and there is a lot of free software. For now i’m just list 2 of them, it’s :
- SharpDevelop (Visual C# like)
Web : http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/
First time i want to learn this but there is some problem like :
– i’m still don’t understand how to connect to my old database like dBASE
– how to create report with SharpReport
– C/C+/C++/C# isn’t new for me but hard to understand.
– I’ve already connect to mysql data from my computer, but it doesn’t work from another computer.
- Lazarus (Delphi like)
Web : http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/
Now i choose this one cause it’s very easy for me and i can create new application in second…
Here some factor that cause me to choose this programming language:
– It’s delphi like. If you know Pascal, so you know Delphi and you will know lazarus too.
– It can create report with fastreport component in instant.
– I’ve already known pascal than C#.
– You don’t have to install Net. Framework to instlall it.
– It can be simple to connect to my old datebase (DBASE or Foxpro database)
From that list i’ve to choose which one that i will learn more…
I hope this information usefull for You to choose. I’ve found another too like QT4 but i’m still don’t understand how it work…